At Earlham Primary School our children are proud to be members of our school community and to wear our uniform. We feel that it is important that children learn to dress smartly and appropriately and look to parents/carers to work with the school to ensure that children always come to school maintaining a high standard of dress and presentation. Our uniform has been designed to be practical for a primary school and to reflect the high standards expected at school.
All children are expected to wear the correct uniform:
- The Earlham fleece, cardigan or jumper;
- A plain white Polo shirt/shirt;
- Plain black school style trousers, skirt or pinafore;
- Black or white socks / tights;
- Plain black shoes. For safety, open-toe, high-heels, platforms or roller shoes should not be worn to school.
From the start of the Summer term until the Autumn half-term, red & white gingham style summer dresses may also be worn;
- additional under-layers are encouraged for colder days during the coronavirus pandemic. Classroom windows will remain open to maintain ventilation to reduce the risk of infection transmission. Outer layers should not be worn indoors.
To allow outdoor play to take place in wet weather, pupils are expected to have suitable warm and waterproof clothing in school at all times:
- Waterproofs – This may be a jacket or coat
- A warm fleece, jumper or cardigan
- Winter hat and sun hat (optional)
- Scarves and gloves (optional)
- Wellington boots (optional)
Branded and/or designer items of clothing are to be avoided.
A PE kit / 'uniform' may be worn for the whole day on a child's allocated PE day. These arrangements minimise lost property and maximise time taking part in sport and exercise rather than changing from uniforms into PE kits. PE uniform to be worn to school:
- White T shirt
- Black jogging bottoms*
- Black PE shorts
- plain dark or white trainers
Jogging bottoms or shorts may be worn for outdoor sessions all through the year; shorts to be worn for indoor sessions. Shorts may be worn under jogging bottoms.
* When purchasing new items, please check uniform expectations.
Judgements about acceptability of uniform and appearance can only be made by school staff and ultimately the Headteacher.
- Earlham book bag
- Earlham PE bag
- Name labelled water bottle
- Named plastic container for a healthy snack
- Swimming kits (including swimming hat) – Year 5 only